| Audit Guidance |
Forms | Resources/Links |
About Us | Contact
The CAM Unit was created to strengthen and increase the department’s fiscal monitoring efforts related to its contractual service providers. We are staffed with professional accountants and auditors with expertise to conduct effective monitoring and provide expert technical assistance and training. The unit revised its policies and procedures to focus on high-risk, troublesome areas, both internally and externally, with focus on two-way feedback.
Functions and responsibilities:
- Conduct fiscal monitoring reviews of contractual service providers.
- Issue reports on fiscal monitoring reviews and develop plans for corrective action and track to resolution.
- Review audit report packages submitted by contractual service providers and issue reports to department contract managers on findings and letters to providers seeking corrective action.
- Coordinate department's state financial assistance process and serve as liaison for the Florida Single Audit Act.
- Provide technical assistance to internal and external sources.
- Assist with Department of Financial Service (DFS) pre/post-audits.
- Develop and coordinate updates to the Catalog of State Financial Assistance.
- Conduct risk assessments and monitor the complaint process to determine priority for on-site monitoring reviews.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures relative to department's monitoring efforts and state financial assistance.
- Conduct trainings on the Florida Single Audit Act, department's monitoring process, audit requirements, and fiscal/compliance requirements.
- Maintain database on monitoring efforts and issue reports to department's program managers.