Welcome to the Bay County Health Department Human Resource Office. We primarily provide two services to the public. Those services are:
- Providing employment information and the receipt and processing of employment applications
- Providing employment and salary verification to potential employers and loan processing institutions when authorized by the employee.
The Bay County Health Department, an entity of the Florida Department of Health has approximately 180 state positions. When any of these positions are vacant and selected for fill, the position will be announced in a State of Florida Job Announcement, accessible by visiting the State of Florida Workforce Center (in Panama City the Workforce Center is located at 625 Highway 231) or by visiting People First. The State of Florida Application Form that is accessible via the above link can be completed and submitted on line, downloaded and completed via Microsoft Word or other word processing mediums, or printed and completed manually. Applications not submitted via the online method must be faxed or, time permitting, mailed to People First Staffing via contact information available on the People First Staffing Web Site. Please note that the Bay County Health Department is not permitted to accept emailed, faxed or hand delivered applications.
- The Bay County Health Department receives applications posted to the applicant record via the People First Staffing System once the announcement closes and is not permitted to accept applications via any other medium.
- All pertinent blocks and lines on the application form must be completed. The PERIODS OF EMPLOYMENT section needs to be completed and accurately describe with reasonable specificity what one did in each job.
- All applications must be received by the People First Staffing System not later than 11:59 pm on the announced closing date.
- When minimum qualifications apply unless the announcement states that equivalencies are accepted, the specified minimum qualifications are strictly followed and applications not meeting those minimum qualifications will not be considered.
- The fax number for submitting applications off line is as follows:
- Fax Phone # (888) 403-2110.
- One may also attain assistance seeking employment with the State of Florida via the State of Florida Work Force Centers. Specifically, in Bay County, one may seek assistance via the Work Force Center located at 625 Highway 231, Mariner Plaza, Panama City, FL 34205.
When one of our employees applies for employment elsewhere or applies for credit, the agency or activity processing the application often needs to verify the applicant's stated information. Requests for verifications are submitted to Department of Health's Human Resource Office located in the State Government Office Complex on Capital Circle Southeast in Tallahassee, whose mailing address is:
DOH, Bureau of Personnel & Human Resource Management
4052 Bald Cypress Way BIN #B03
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1731
When verbal verification will suffice you may contact the file room at
(850) 245-4188 ext. 3184.
Simple employment verifications and specific work references can be attained via the local Department of Health, Bay County Health Department Human Resource Office @ (850) 872-4720 Ext. 1215 or 1213.
Background Screening via Live Scan:
Starting April 1, 2012, the FDLE will no longer accept or process hard copy applicant fingerprint cards. They will only accept fingerprints electronically via a Live Scan device.
The Bay County Health Department offers level 2 background screenings using a Live Scan device. The results are automatically transmitted to the FDLE and FBI. Please call us at (850) 872-4455 ext 1213 or 1215 for an appointment. Our hours are 8:00 a.m - 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
You will need to bring the following information with you:
- Your driver's license.
- The ORI number where the results will be transmitted.
- AHCA number, Medicaid number or file number (if applicable)
- The fee of $85.00
- Your Social Security number is needed to run the background screening, but you do not have to bring your Social Security card.
We are located at 597 W. 11th Street, Panama City, FL 32401. Please go to the Administration entrance of the Bay County Health Department.