Did you know?
- Nearly 45 million Americans are uninsured. That is over 15 percent of the population. (Americans for Healthcare).
- 18.5% of Florida’s population, over 3 million people, is uninsured. (Research Institute on Social Economic Policy).
- Uninsured patients are at a risk of preventable illnesses.
- The state of Florida has found that uninsured children are more likely to miss school. (AMSA Feb 2008)
- 30.5% of individuals in families with income under $25,000 per year in the state of Florida are uninsured. ( Research Institute on Social and Economic Policy)
- 31.3% of Hispanics and 24.4% of African Americans in the state of Florida are uninsured. ( Research Institute on Social and Economic Policy)
- 31.3% of part-time workers in the state of Florida are uninsured. ( Research Institute on Social and Economic Policy)
Our mission is to reach out to everyone in Gulf County that is uninsured, underinsured and struggling to pay for prescription medications.
Almost every pharmaceutical and drug manufacturer has a prescription assistance program and these programs give away approximately $4 million a year in free medications. Patients must financially qualify for these programs. Paperwork, guidelines, requirements and documentation are very important, change constantly and can be confusing. The Prescription Assistance Program in Gulf County is here to assist patients in getting through these requirements. We have access to a current database with all updated forms from each pharmaceutical company. We can tell you immediately if your medication is on a pharmaceutical company’s prescription assistance program. The Gulf County Health Department Prescription Assistance Program lets you know what documents are necessary for a particular pharmaceutical company’s program and mails the applications and documents for you. If a particular medication is not covered under one of the programs, we will refer you to the several organizations that offer prescription discount cards or reduced cost medication.
For help and assistance with prescription medications please contact: The Gulf County Health Department at 850-227-1276 ext. 167.
We are here to help you.