Mission: To protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, & community efforts.
- Programs & Services
- Disaster Preparedness
- Useful Links
- Contact Us
Healthy Hands for Healthy People
Steps of Handwashing
1. Wet hands with running water.
2. Rub hands together with soap and lather well, covering all surfaces.
3. Weave fingers and thumbs together and slide them back and forth.
4. Rinse hands under a stream of clean, running water until all soap is gone.
5. Blot hands dry with a clean towel.
Proper handwashing method.
Download the Handwashing video, audio, and transcript files (19 mb zip file)
Date released: June 30, 2009
Running Time: 2 minutes 37 seconds
Author: Volusia County Health Department
Series Name: Proper Handwashing
Posters to Download
Hi, my name is Suzanne Grubbs and I am an Environmental Specialist for the Volusia County Health Department. We at the Volusia County Health Department want to make sure you and your family are protected from bacteria and viruses.
Page last updated: 01/28/10