Florida Healthy Schools Newsletter
Our newsletter is published quarterly to share information about programs and services in the
State of Florida that support healthy schools. Effective school and community
programs are highlighted, as well as state level policy changes.
The documents listed below are available in Portable Document Format (PDF). Every file is less than 850k.
You can download Adobe Reader free to access these documents.
- Winter 2013 - Parent Involvement in School Health, Wellness Teams Work in Rural Florida Counties, Florida Safe and Healthy Schools Web Portal and Web-Based Self-Assessment Tool, Funding Opportunities Asthma Friendly School Awards
- Summer 2012 - 2012 Florida Healthy School Districts Announced, Teen Dating Violence Curriculum, Health Education Champion Retires, Florida Green Schools, Alliance for a Healthier Generation Update
- Spring 2012 - Employee Wellness an Educational Priority, Florida Action for Healthy Kids Update, Florida Healthy School District , Self-Assessment, Good News in Florida, Celebrate Literacy Week: Healthy Florida Farms
- Fall 2011 - School and Community Gardens, Florida Gardening Success Stories, Florida Agriculture in the Classroom, Flagler DJJ Gardening Project Feeds the Hungry
- Summer 2011 - 2011 Healthy School Districts Announced, School Districts Now Able to Adopt Tobacco Free Campus Policies, Health District Training Website, Good News, Alliance for a Healthier Generation in Florida
- Spring 2011 - Emotional Health and Learning, Florida Homeless Education Program, Gardening for Your Health, Celebrate Literacy Week Features Our Super Garden
- Winter 2011 - State-wide Opportunities; Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act Signed Into Law; Tobacco Prevention Resources and Training
- Fall 2010 - Healthy School District Training, Joint Use Agreement Creates Healthy Built Environment, Good News in Florida, The Walking School Bus Gets Kids Moving
- Summer 2010 - Organizations Recognize Florida Healthy School Districts, Promoting Asthma Awareness and Education in Broward, Asthma Initiatives Go Statewide, Our Generous Garden
- Spring 2010 - Middle School Physical Activity Project, Confessions of a Former Couch Potato, Mining for Gold in Florida's Data Systems
- Winter 2010 - Florida KidCare Outreach, Miami-Dade Schools Committed to Health, Positive Youth
Development, Children's Dental Month, Fruit and Vegetable Gardens
- Fall 2009 - Florida Healthy School District Recognition, Florida Schools Get Moving, A Message on Movement and Kinesthetic Learning from Megan Allen - Florida's Teacher of the Year 2009, Florida PTA Speaks Out for Physical Activity, Florida's Flagler County Teams Ranked 3rd and 4th at Annual International Student Conference
- Summer 2009 - The Three Ps of Sustainability, News from DOE Food and Nutrition Management , Florida School Districts Recognized, Dr. David Satcher Testimony Regarding Coordinated School Health, Best Practices in School Breakfast
- Spring 2009 - School Employee Wellness: An Investment that Pays, Physical Activity Linked to Brain Function, James Wakes Up to School Breakfast Partnership, Governor's Points of Light Recognize CSHP Members, Lives Saved by AEDs in Escambia and Miami-Dade
- Winter 2009 - New Year Messages from Your State Leaders, Florida Prevention Partners Unite, Four Florida School Districts Receive USDA Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Grant, New Year Message from the Editors
- Fall 2008 - Districts Partner for School Wellness, School Employee Wellness, Florida KidCare, Florida schools honored by the Alliance for a Healthier Generation
- Summer 2008 - Gadsden County Wellness Project Results in Sustainable Policies and Practices, Florida Dental Association Works with Schools to Support Dental Health, Florida's Poison Centers and Poison Prevention in Schools
- Spring 2008 - What Does the Coordinated School Health
Program Do in Florida?
- Winter 2008 - Governor's Council on Physical Fitness Presents State Plan of Action to Governor Charlie Crist,
Broward County - A Success Story in Finding Common Ground, Pinellas Projects Keeping
Kids with Asthma and Diabetes in School
- Fall 2007 - Protecting Students and staff from Methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureaus, Pinellas County Wellness Champions,
Vierra High School Demonstrates Commitment to Providing Health Education
- Summer 2007 - Consortium Members Work Together to Support School Health and Wellness, A Fresh Message About Fruits and Vegetables, Escambia School Nurse Research Initiative,
Flagler County YEAH Project Turns $1000 into $250,000!
- Spring 2007 - Florida Schools Step Up for Physical Activity, Marion County SHAC, and Timing is Key for SHAC, Hendry County Presents Fresh-2-U
- Winter 2007 - Gotha Middle School Sustains Culture of Wellness for 12 Years, Finding Common Ground, and Indian River "We Can" Success Story
- Fall 2006 - Florida Passes A++ Secondary Reform Act, Resource Centers, Health Education Assessment Tool, Youth Empowered Ambassadors for Health, Hendry County Fresh-2-U Success Story
- Summer 2006 - Florida Legislature Supports School Wellness, PECAT, Wellness in Escambia, Alliance for a Healthier Generation, Gove Elementary School
- Spring 2006 - What is a Coordinated School Health Approach?; Step Up, Florida!; Gadsden County Approves Coordinated School Health Strategic Plan
Return to Florida Department of Health Coordinated School Health Partnership home page
or return to Florida Department of Education
Office of Healthy Schools home