The Florida Department of Health offers an Insulin Distribution Program for individuals that meet the following requirements:
- Has a current prescription for insulin written by a licensed health care practitioner.
- Is a bona-fide resident of Florida.
- Is uninsured or is lacking insurance that covers insulin.
- Has a net family income at or below 100% of the Federal poverty guidelines.
- Has no more than $2,500 in private funds, bank accounts, or assets other than a homestead.
If an individual does not meet the program requirements but cannot purchase insulin, the program provides for one time emergency issuance of a one month supply of insulin on a one time basis.
The program eligibility requirements and the emergency issuance provision are subject to change depending upon availability of resources.
For more information, contact the your local county health department (CHD).