New Federal Law Provides Lactation Support for Working Moms
Florida school districts implemented breastfeeding policies!
Lactation Support is the Law.
What is required by Section 4207 (PDF 39 KB) of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act?
- Time and a private place to pump at work until the baby's first birthday
- Reasonable unpaid break times
Lactation Support is Simple.
- Provide a private space other than a bathroom
- Allow flexible breaks and work times
- Promote breastfeeding education
- Support your employees
Download a printable copy of the lactation support at work fact sheet. (PDF 641.76 KB)Tools for Employers:
- A model policy (PDF 8.33 KB)
- Employee rights posters (PDF 317.39 KB)
- Program guidelines for Florida state agencies (PDF 27.93 KB)
- Health and breastfeeding resources
- Breastfeeding information from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Breastfeeding information from Florida Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program
- Implementation assistance from Florida Breastfeeding Coalition