For Initial Licensure
All Radiologic Technology professions initially licensed are required to complete four (4) CE hours of HIV/AIDS education (pursuant to s. 381.0034, F.S. and Rule 64E-3.003(5), F.A.C. Please check our CE provider list above. All providers who offer this course are indicated at the far right of the list.
For Renewal of License
All Radiologic Technology professions must complete 12 contact hours of CE
- No more than 3 of the 12 CE's may be classified as personal development, which are courses not directly related to your field of practice, such as CPR.
- The balance of hours must be classified as technical radiation protection, equipment operation, etc.
- All continuing education used to renew a certificate must have been earned in the current renewal cycle and the same course cannot be repeated in the same cycle.
- Florida approved providers are required to submit proof of your course completion to the Department. You can track your CE by going to Verify a License
- The ASRT submits CE information to FL monthly (approximately mid-month) for their members who hold current Florida certification.
- If you have received your renewal notice and your CE information is not current, you may fax CE to our office at (850) 921-6365. We cannot accept CE from you except during this period.
See Rules 64E-3.008, F.A.C., for more information about continuing education requirements.
|MISSION:||To protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, & community efforts.|
|VISION:||To be the Healthiest State in the Nation|
|PURPOSE:||To protect the public and make Florida the healthiest state in the nation through health care licensure, enforcement, and information.|
|FOCUS:||To be the nation's leader in quality health care regulation.|
|VALUES:||I CARE (Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Responsiveness, Excellence)|