Early Steps Resources
Early Steps Publications
Publications of Interest to Families
Publications of Interest to Providers
Additional Information and Publications
Training Available from Family Resource Specialists
A New Star: A Family's Guide to Navigating Early Steps is a series of interactive trainings created by parents of children with disabilities and special health care needs, to help other parents understand and participate fully in Florida's Early Steps system. Please contact your Family Resource Specialist to find the dates, times, and locations of upcoming group trainings.
- Module 1 - Charting Florida's Early Steps System provides an overview of the organizational structure of the Early Steps system from a federal, state, and local perspective.
- Module 2 - Traveling the Seas of Families, Feelings & Emotions explores how families react, feel and cope upon learning of and living with their child's disability or developmental delay.
- Module 3 - Setting the Anchor: Procedural Safeguards teaches about the rights and responsibilities your child and family have while involved in Early Steps.
- Module 4 - Logging the Journey: Communication & Organization teaches methods for effectively communicating with programs and professionals and shows record keeping systems for organizing early intervention information and records.
- Module 5 - Following the Course: Individualized Family Support Planning describes your role as a member of the Individualized Family Support Plan (IFSP) Team and explores the IFSP process.
- Module 6 - Sailing through Transition explores the different transitions that occur between birth and age three and ways to experience a smooth transition from Early Steps at age three.
Quarterly Message to Families
View the latest messages sent to our families from the Lead State Parent Consultant with the Early Steps State Office.