1) Your water sample must be taken and
brought in for testing on the same day.
2) Water samples are accepted by the
Environmental Health office ONLY on these days and times:
- Monday through
8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Samples not accepted
The above times are strictly enforced and samples
WILL NOT be accepted after these hours.
3) Bacteriological water analysis is
$15.00 per sample and must be paid for when the sample bottle is picked up
from our office.
4) Remove the aerator screen from the faucet
the sample will be taken from, and clean the threads of the faucet or hose
bibb with bleach or rubbing alcohol. Run the water for several minutes,
then proceed to step 5.
5) When taking samples in bottles, remove the
plastic seal completely, uncap the bottle (do not touch the rim of the bottle
or the inside of the cap) and fill to the 100ml line. Our laboratory will
not accept samples less than 100 ml.
6) Do not overfill or rinse out the
sample bottles -- this will cause the preservative inside the bottles to spill
out, and validity of the sample cannot be guaranteed.
to Drinking Water information
to Environmental Health Index