Environmental Health - Institutional Food Services
The Hamilton County Health Department provides regulatory services, including permitting and inspections for the following types of food service establishments: Schools, institutions such as detention facilities and recreational camps. Nursing homes, hospitals, and other group care facilities must be requested through Tallahassee Community Programs. Mobile food units that have their commissary on the premises of one of the above described facilities are also regulated by the Department. Similarly, temporary food events that occur on the premises of one of the above described facilities are regulated by the Department. All other food service establishments are regulated by either the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) or the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (DACS).
Permits are valid from October 1 through September 30, and must be applied for and renewed annually.
- Bureau of Facility Programs – Tallahassee Headquarters
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention – Food-Related Diseases
- Food and Drug Administration – Food Safety
- US Department of Agriculture – Food Safety
- Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR)