The Tobacco Prevention Program at the Hamilton County Health Department is a comprehensive program that provides services to the community.
Hamilton County Tobacco-free Partnership - Ashley Wolbert, Partnership Coordinator 1-888-227-6452 ext 703
Tobacco Free Florida
Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids
National Spit Tobacco Education Program
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) 1-800-232-4636
American Lung Association1-800-586-4872
American Cancer Society 1-800-227-2345
Quitting smoking is important for your health and provides many benefits. Soon after you quit, your circulation begins to improve, and your blood pressure returns to normal. Your sense of smell and taste return and breathing starts to become easier. In the long term, giving up tobacco can help you live longer. Your risk of developing cancer decreases with each year that you stay smoke-free. One resource available to anyone in Florida is the Toll-Free Tobacco Quitline (1-877-U-CAN-NOW):
- Toll-free telephone-based counseling for quitting tobacco (cigarettes or smokeless) available to adults and youth age 13 and up.
- Available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, 363 days of the year.
- 5 pro-active counseling sessions by phone (8 for pregnant women).
- Education and assistance with nicotine replacement therapy such as gum, patches, and lozenges.
- Counseling and materials in English and Spanish; translation services for other languages, and TDD service for the hearing impaired.
- Any person living in Florida that is ready to make a quit attempt can use the Quitline.
- All services are free!
- Call 1-877-U-CAN-NOW (1-877-822-6669)
HCADPC: Hamilton County Alcohol & Other Drugs Prevention Partnership/Coalition
Project Director: Grace McDonald
PO Box 946
Jasper, FL 32052