Ten Essential Services of Public Health
Developed through a consensus process among federal health agencies and major national public health organizations, Hendry County Health Department service provision is guided by the 10 Essential Services of Public Health.
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure a competent public health and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population based (community) health services.
- Research of new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.