REQUEST A BIRTH CERTIFICATE
For births or deaths occurred within the state of Florida you may apply for a certificate in person or mail in your application.
Location and mail in address
Hernando County Health Department
7551 Forest Oaks Boulevard
Spring Hill, FL 34606
(352) 540-6800 x82110
| Service Hours
- 4:30 PM
Monday through Friday
The first step is to determine your eligibility (relationship) to receive a birth certificate.
|Birth Certificates can be issued to
- Person named on the certificate AND over 18 years old
- Legal guardians (with proper documentation, i.e., driver's license, photo ID, guardian paperwork, etc.)
Birth Certificates are needed for
- Admission to public school
- Obtain a driver’s license
- Obtain work permit
- Right to vote
- Eligibility for retirement
- Social Security benefits
- Prove citizenship
- Obtain public assistance for dependent children
- $12.00 for the first copy
- $10.00 for additional copies for the same person purchased at the same time (Effective November 1, 2008)
- $ 3.00 Plastic protective sleeve
- Walk-In applications fees are payable either in cash, VISA or Mastercard, personal check, money order or cashier’s check.
- Mailed-In applications fees are payable either by personal check, money order or cashier’s check only. (Please do not send cash by mail). Personal Checks/Money Orders/Cashier’s checks should be made payable to Hernando County Health Department.
Hernando County Application for a Florida Birth Record (English) (PDF - 32KB)
Hernando County Application for a Florida Birth Record (Spanish) (PDF - 35KB)
|Requirements for issuing birth certificates
- Applicant’s relationship to the person (registrant) named on the certificate
- Applicant’s PICTURE ID (such as a valid driver’s license, state identification card, passport or military identification card). A photocopy of your PICTURE ID is required for mail-in applications
- Registrant’s full name at birth, date and place of birth, mother's maiden name, and father's name
- Applicant’s full name, address and telephone number(s)
- Applicant’s signature (parent’s, legal guardian’s or legal representative’s signature if the person named on the birth certificate is under 18) IS REQUIRED
You may also apply on the internet at www.vitalrec.com.
top of page
Privacy Statement * Disclaimer
Accessibility Information * Email Advisory