About the Division of Public Health Preparedness
We team with community partners to protect and prepare the public health care system for possible natural or man-made disasters and respond to all-hazard emergencies. Our partners include hospitals, emergency management, law enforcement, fire/rescue, EMS, and other state, local, and federal organizations. We deploy personnel and resources to respond before, during and after emergencies, disasters or events.
- We respond to an emergencies or disasters, in support of public health and medical partners.
- We design, develop, conduct and evaluate exercises with the county health department staff and community partners.
- We provide support to the county health department Administrator in response to public health and medical emergencies or disasters.
- We develop, coordinate and/or conduct emergency operation training for county health department staff and community partners.
- We develop and update all-hazards emergency response plans and procedures.
- We conduct public health and medical presentations and trainings upon request.