We provide both confidential and anonymous HIV testing.
- In confidential testing your name and date of birth will appear on your test and information sheet.
- In anonymous testing a barcode and your date of birth are used as identifiers. Your name is
never recorded on any paperwork or test.
There is an optional $20 fee for anonymous HIV testing. You can pay some, none, or all and still be tested.
A trained and qualified staff with many years of experience will provide testing and counseling services
to you. We are bilingual in English and Spanish.
How to Test
- You can make an appointment by calling 334-7960. We schedule times on Monday thru Friday from
9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- We also accept walk-in appointments, however, scheduled clients will be seen first.
- The testing procedure will include pre and post test counseling.
- Results are only given in person.
- Confidential Rapid Test (Clearview) will give results in approximately 15 minutes. (Only available Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm, not during extended hours.)
- Anonymous blood test is sent to a state lab and results come back in 2 weeks from the original appointment date. At the time of your test you will be scheduled a return appointment date to pick up test results.
If a Test is Positive
- Your counselor will discuss options with you. He/she will help you get medical treatment and care by providing eligibility determination information.
- Your counselor will inform you of eligibility determination services for HIV infected individuals, like Ryan White
and ADAP (AIDS Drug Assistance Program) and a case manager will be assigned to you if you are
- Free male/female condoms and lubrication.
- Useful information about STD’s, safe sex, and HIV.
- Educational pamphlets and material.
Directions to the Test Center
- Enter the health department through the front entrance.
- Tell one of the people in the glass cubicles you would like to see Glenn or one of
the other counselors in the counseling and testing program. The staff will call the requested
counselor and one of the testing program staff will come to take you back to our offices.