Health Education / Health Promotion
Healthy Communities, Health People Program
Tobacco Prevention Program
The Tobacco Prevention Program works with the Partnership for a Tobacco-Free Pasco to bring together youth and adults with ideas and resources to prevent, reduce, and eliminate tobacco use and exposure to second hand smoke in Pasco County.
The purpose of this Partnership is to promote and assist in the implementation of policies, interventions, and programs to prevent and reduce tobacco use in Pasco County by focusing on CDC best practices:
1. Eliminating exposure to secondhand smoke.
2. Preventing initiation of tobacco use among youth.
3. Promoting tobacco cessation.
4. Eliminating tobacco-related disparities.
The local initiatives they are tackling:
1. Restrict the sale of Candy Flavored Tobacco Products to youth
2. Limit Retail Tobacco Advertising
3. Implement Comprehensive Tobacco Control Policies in K-12 Schools
4. Create Tobacco-Free Multi-Unit Dwellings
5. Promote access to cessation services provided by employers
To get involved:
3 Ways to Quit*:
3. Classes provided by the Gulfcoast North Area Health Education Center.
Call 813-929-1000 to register.
*Free education, counseling, and patches, gum, or lozenges provided
Join the Pasco County Health Department?s Quit Smoking Support Group. They meet on the first and third Monday of every month from 1:00pm-2:00pm at the New Port Richey office on Little Road.
For more information on the Tobacco Prevention Program, please call 727-861-5250, ext 161.
This page was last modified on: 03/18/2013 09:10:09
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
Send comments/suggestions to Pasco Web Manager