State Plans and Supporting Documents
Plans are the foundation of successful responses. It is important that all stakeholders have an understanding of response plans and are able to implement them successfully during disasters. This page contains the following Florida state-level plans and planning resources:
- Public Health and Health Care Preparedness (PHHP) Strategic Plan
- Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan (CEMP)
- Department of Health Emergency Operations Plan (EOP)
Florida law establishes the Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan as the core operations document for the State of Florida and it is the framework through which the state handles emergencies and disasters. The CEMP is maintained for all state agencies by the Division of Emergency Management and includes a base plan, incident annexes, Emergency Support Function appendices, and other supporting plans.
The public health and medical components of the State's response are coordinated through Emergency Support Function 8 (ESF8) and documented in Appendix 8 of the CEMP. The ESF8 Appendix is the foundation for all other ESF8 plans.
Public Health and Medical has the lead for developing and maintaining some of the incident annexes and support plans to the CEMP in coordination with other State Emergency Response Team partners.
- Radiological/Nuclear Incident Emergency Response Plan, Support Plan to the State Radiological Incident Annex
- Biological Incident Annex
- Florida Disaster Behavioral Health Response Plan (25 pages)
- Comprehensive Laboratory Response Plan for Chemical, Biological and Radiological Incidents
- State of Florida Fatality Management Response Plan of the Florida Medical Examiner Commission
- ESF8 Standard Operating Procedure
- Logistics Support Plan
- Incident-specific Response Guides and Checklists
- Public Health and Medical Assessment Plan
- Community Stabilization and Population Movement Plan
- Interoperability Network coordinated by the Department of Management Services
- Public Health and Medical Interoperable Communications Plan
- Emergency Medical Services Communications Plan
The Florida Department of Health's Emergency Operations Plan describes the Agency's approach to managing emergencies. The plan includes incident annexes and functional annexes that support the base plan.
DOH Emergency Operations Plan
- Crisis & Risk Communications Annex
- Emergency Notification Annex
- Epidemiology Support Annex
- Isolation & Quarantine Annex
- Logistics Support Annex
- Mass Prophylaxis & Treatment Annex
- Responder Safety & Health Annex