Ensure All Children Receive all DTaP Doses
Tips for your practice:
- Give the third dose on time. Studies show that getting this dose on time keeps children on-track.
- Schedule 4th DTaP appointments when children receive their third DTaP.
- Use reminder and recall activities to ensure parents bring their children in for each DTaP dose.
- Review a child's immunization record at every visit, including sick visits.
- Know that it is safe to give multiple vaccines at every visit.
- Remind your staff that vaccines can be given when a child has a mild illness.
- For children who are behind on immunizations, use the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) catch-up schedule.
- Find out what your practice's 4th DTaP rates are and track them.
How we can help:
- Contact your local County Health Department for more immunization information.
- Ask your Immunization Program field staff for a site visit to assess your immunization practices.
- Join the Florida SHOTS™ (State Health Online Tracking System). For more information, call (877) 888-SHOT (7468) or visit: www.flshots.com.
- Join the Florida Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program. For more information, call (800) 4VFCKid (483-2543) or visit the VFC Program website.
Be part of the solution and make sure you immunize on-time-every-time!