Methods of controlling pests
1. Seal cracks and keep screens closed.
2. Keep foods covered and clean up spilled foods immediately.
3. Dispose of trash and garbage promptly.
4. Close all openings around wiring, drain pipes, vents, and flues to make them rat and insect proof.
5. Carefully follow instructions on labels when using poisons and chemicals. Purchase and use only those approved by the health authority for use in food establishments.
6. Food products, such as flour, sugar, pancake mix, etc., should be removed from their original containers and placed in approved sealed tight containers that are properly labeled and more impermeable to pests (rodent proof).