Florida Community Health Worker Coalition
A statewide partnership dedicated to the support and promotion of the CHW profession in Florida
Welcome to the Florida CHW Coalition Splash Page. On this page, you can familiarize yourself with the coalition at large and with each of our sub-groups. Feel free to read the minutes of our meetings and learn more about our coalition. This page is updated regularly for special announcements regarding training or other CHW Coalition events.
Watch this educational video to learn about who CHWs are, what they do, and why they are needed!
For more resources and detailed information, go to the other pages of the website, which is hosted by The University of Florida College of Pharmacy. We thank them for hosting the links!
The Florida Community Health Worker Coaltion is a passionate group of volunteers dedicated to the promotion of the community health worker profession in Florida. The Coalition has five working groups. They are listed below along with their goals.
- Promote the statewide CHW coalition.
- Promote recognition of CHWs through branding
- Establish core elements of standards for curriculum
- Establish curriculum review panel
- Establish requirements for certification process/training requirements
- Enlist champions for systems change
- Find your elected officials
- Educating your elected officials about CHWs
- Promote interdisciplinary collaborative research activities that will support the profession Promote continuous outcomes data collection to support the profession of CHW in Florida through creation of common outcome measures
- Provide consistent input based on the practical experience of CHWs to further the goals and objectives of the Florida Community Health Worker Coalition.