Florida Communities Putting Prevention to Work
View the complete Florida CPPW success story booklet!
Policy, systems, and environmental changes for preventing chronic disease
- Florida CPPW creates sustainable programs and policies for a healthier generation.
Hop on the Walking School Bus!
With the help of CPPW, schools in every corner of Florida launched unique walking and biking programs.
- The Tampa Bay area bustles with young walkers.
- Volusia County students and staff take pride in their school's Bike Train program.
- Central Florida Walking School Buses inspire one another.
- Safety events in Miami and northeast Florida teach students street smarts.
- Former soldiers walk to and from school with Orange County inner-city students.
- The Panhandle region makes the grade in bicycle and pedestrian safety.
Let's get Physical!
CPPW partnered with local organizations to try creative approaches to curbing childhood obesity.
- Palm Beach County produces Spanish-language educational program.
- Parents and students in Suwannee County are walking and talking.
Retain - Don't Retrain!
In two years, CPPW facilitated the implementation of 39 new school district employee lactation support policies.
- Flagler County schools go for the gold in family-friendliness.
- West Florida counties embrace policies with open arms.
- Breastfeeding and working coexist in Alachua County schools.
- Nassau and Polk County schools pump up employee lactation support.
Keep our Parks Tobacco Free!
Signage provided by CPPW keeps county and city parks free of secondhand smoke and cigarette litter.