will require the free Adobe Reader
For Initial Licensure
Licensees are required to submit proof of completion of:
- Two (2) hour course relating to prevention of medical errors prior to licensure
- Eight (8) hour laws and rules course upon initial licensure prior to licensure
- Three hour course on HIV/AIDS within six months of licensure
- Two (2) hour course on domestic violence with six months of licensure
Anyone licensed in Florida for the first time on November 1, 2010 or after are exempt from obtaining renewal contuining education for the current biennium ending March 31, 2013.
For Renewal of License Following Your First Biennium
Licensees must complete 30 hours of approved continuing education (CE) within the two year licensure period (biennium) to include the following:
- Two (2) hour course relating to prevention of medical errors
- Three (3) hour course in ethics and boundary issues
- Two (2) hours of CE on domestic violence must be completed every third biennial licensure renewal period. These two (2) hours shall be part of the 30 hours otherwise required for each biennial licensure renewal, and may be taken at anytime during the six years preceding the renewal for the biennial in which the credit is due.
See Rule 64B4-6, FAC to review continuing education guidelines for Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling professions
To view approved CE providers and/or to submit CE credits for free, please visit our CE tracking system’s (CEBroker) website. CE links and information can also be found on our continuing education pages.
|MISSION:||To protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, & community efforts.|
|VISION:||To be the Healthiest State in the Nation|
|PURPOSE:||To protect the public and make Florida the healthiest state in the nation through health care licensure, enforcement, and information.|
|FOCUS:||To be the nation's leader in quality health care regulation.|
|VALUES:||I CARE (Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Responsiveness, Excellence)|