will require the free Adobe Reader
Application and License Requirements
The Dietetic and Nutrition Practice Council is responsible for licensing and regulating dietitian/nutritionists and nutrition counselors in Florida. Applicants seeking to be licensed as a dietitian/nutritionist may apply by examination or endorsement.
- Possession of at least a bachelor’s degree with a major course of study in human nutrition, food and nutrition, dietetics, or food management as outlined in sections 468.509, F.S., and 64B8-42.002, F.A.C.
- Successful completion of 900 hours of pre-professional planned and continuous supervised practice in dietetics or nutrition, as described in subsection 64B8-42.002(3), F.A.C.
- Successful passage of the dietitian exam offered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Examination - This method is for the individual that has not passed the registered dietitian examination developed by the Commission on Dietetics Registration (CDR).
- Endorsement of Status as a Registered Dietitian - This method is for the applicant who is a registered dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Endorsement of Licensure in another State - Applicants licensed in another state are not required to use this method. However, it is an option that may be used by someone who holds an active, valid license as a dietitian/nutritionist in another state. The requirements for licensure, when the license was obtained, must be substantially equivalent to or more stringent than those currently required in Florida. Personal references, experience, or other qualifications are not considered as part of this application method. The Council makes its determination of eligibility for licensure by endorsement based solely on law to law comparison.
The dietitian exam is offered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). Once the Dietetics and Nutrition Practice Council has approved your application for examination, CDR will be notified by office staff. CDR will contact the applicant with available exam dates and study materials. You are responsible for scheduling your examination. Your fees are paid to the CDR/ACT testing service. For detailed information on test administration, study and practice exam information, go to www.cdrnet.org.
Continuing Education: Click here for information regarding continuing education requirements for initial licensure. It is also strongly recommended that you review all of the laws and rules regulating this profession.
|MISSION:||To protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, & community efforts.|
|VISION:||To be the Healthiest State in the Nation|
|PURPOSE:||To protect the public and make Florida the healthiest state in the nation through health care licensure, enforcement, and information.|
|FOCUS:||To be the nation's leader in quality health care regulation.|
|VALUES:||I CARE (Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Responsiveness, Excellence)|