will require the free Adobe Reader
For Initial Licensure
Applicants are required to complete two (2) hours of prevention of medical errors education for initial licensure. The course can be completed by home study.
For Initial Licensure Renewal
Pursuant to Rule 64B8-52.001 (3), F.A.C. Licensees certified for licensure during the SECOND YEAR of a biennium are exempt from the continuing education (CE) requirements for their first renewal with the exception of:
- Two (2) hour course relating to prevention of medical errors
- Two (2) hour blood-borne disease course including one hour on HIV/AIDS education
For Renewal of License Following Your First Biennium
Every licensee must complete 20 hours of approved CE:
- One hour of each biennium must be obtained by each licensee in an approved course on blood-borne diseases.
- Two (2) of the 20 hours must be in approved offerings on prevention of medical errors, including a study of root-cause analysis, error reduction and prevention, and patient safety.
- Up to ten (10) hours of home study are allowed.
- Up to two (2) hours may be obtained in the area of risk management by attending a board meeting in which another licensee is being disciplined, or by serving as volunteer expert witness in a disciplinary case.
- A maximum of 6 contact hours shall be awarded per biennium for each of the following or a combination of the following:
The presentation of an electrology related course or program as either the lecturer of the course or program or as the author of the course materials. Each licensee who is participating as either a lecturer or author of an electrology related course or program shall receive credit for the portion of the offering he/she presented or authored up to the total hours awarded for the offering.
Continuing education credit shall be awarded to a lecturer or author for the initial presentation of each electrology related course or program only; repeat presentations of the same course or program shall not be granted credit.
In order for a continuing education credit to be awarded to each licensee participating as either lecturer or author, the format of the electrology related course or program must conform with all applicable sections of this rule chapter.
The number of contact hours to be awarded to each licensee who participates in an electrology related course or program as either a lecturer or author is based on the 50 minute contact hour employed within this rule chapter.
Note: Predetermined hour value: 50 minutes constitutes 1 hour of continuing education
See Rule 64B8-52, FAC for more information about continuing education requirements and guidelines for Electrologists
|MISSION:||To protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, & community efforts.|
|VISION:||To be the Healthiest State in the Nation|
|PURPOSE:||To protect the public and make Florida the healthiest state in the nation through health care licensure, enforcement, and information.|
|FOCUS:||To be the nation's leader in quality health care regulation.|
|VALUES:||I CARE (Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Responsiveness, Excellence)|