DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH ANNOUNCES NEW HEALTH CARE CLINIC ESTABLISHMENT PERMIT
The Florida Department of Health reminds establishments purchasing prescription drugs about the new health care clinic establishment permit requirement beginning January 1, 2009. The permit authorizes the purchase of prescription drugs by a professional corporation or professional limited liability company. It also authorizes the purchase of prescription drugs by corporations that employ veterinarians.
Health care practitioners or veterinarians who are purchasing prescription drugs under their professional license number are not required to obtain the permit.
For more information, please visit http://www.doh.state.fl.us/pharmacy/.
NEW! Fee Change (pdf - 19kb)
NEW: Discontinuing Temporary Permits (pdf - 11kb)
ARNP certification requirements (pdf - 23kb)
Beginning July 1, 2006, any ARNP applicant that does not have national certification in their specialty cannot work under a provisional or temporary license with the exception of nurse anesthetists and midwifes.
If the decision to license the applicant is made before July 1, they do not have to be certified.
If the applicant feels that this rule causes hardship they can petition the Board. The Board must apply the rule, or grant a waiver of it upon appropriate petition under Chapter 120.542 Variances and waivers.
64B9-4.002 Requirements for Certification.
(1) In accordance with the provisions of Section 464.012, F.S., any person who wishes to be certified as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner shall submit an application to the Department, on forms prescribed by it, as incorporated in subsection 64B9-4.004(1), F.A.C., demonstrating that the applicant holds a current unencumbered license to practice professional nursing in Florida. - 438
(2) Applicant shall submit proof of national advanced practice certification from an approved nursing specialty board. After July 1, 2006, applications for certification as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner pursuant to Section 464.012(3), F.S., shallsubmit proof of national advanced practice certification from an approved nursing specialty board.
(3) Professional or national nursing specialty boards recognized by the Board include, but are not limited to:
(a) Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists, or Council on Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists, or their predecessors.
(b) American College of Nurse Midwives.
(c) American Nurses Association (American Nurses Credentialing Center) Nurse Practitioner level examinations only.
(d) National Certification Corporation for OB/GYN, Neonatal Nursing Specialties (nurse practitioner level examination only).
(e) National Board of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and Associates (Pediatric Nurse Associate/Practitioner level examinations only).
64B9-4.0025 Provisional Certification.
(1) Prior to certification by the appropriate professional or national nursing specialty board, applicants for certification as certified registered nurse anesthetists or certified nurse midwives may apply for provisional state certification.
(2) Each applicant for provisional state certification must be a graduate of an appropriate educational program pursuant to Rule
(3) The provisional ARNP certification shall be valid for a period of 12 months.
(4) The provisional ARNP certification will expire if no specialty board certification is submitted within 12 months of the date
Petitions for Declaratory Statement and for Variance and Waiver
Recent Discipline Taken Against Practitioners
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Information