Information provided in PDF format will require the free Adobe Reader
An approved vendor must agree to take responsibility for the secure production and distribution of the prescription blanks to licensed healthcare practitioners to include:
- Maintain a secure facility and safeguards for the operational processes that ensure the integrity of receiving, verifying, manufacturing, storing, distributing to intended parties, and recalling or voiding counterfeit-proof prescription pad orders from licensed healthcare practitioners or healthcare facilities.
- Receive orders in writing signed by a licensed healthcare practitioner or health-care facility.
- Ship prescription pads in sturdy containers that resist loss or damage to the pads. The product must be shipped by the vendor or by a reliable shipping firm that uses tracking numbers to locate missing shipments or verifies delivery to licensed healthcare practitioner or healthcare facilities.
- Collect payment for prescription pads from the licensed healthcare practitioner or healthcare facility. The State of Florida is not responsible for any payments to the vendor for services or products.
- Maintain records and information about the production and distribution of counterfeit-proof prescription blanks for use by licensed healthcare practitioners.
- Submit a monthly report to the Department which, at a minimum, documents the number of prescription pads sold and identifies the purchasers. This report must be received in the Department by the 15th day of the following month upon which the generated report is based on.
- Comply with local, state, and federal statutes regulating the use of counterfeit-proof prescription pads.
- Allow the Department to inspect any facilities where the blanks are printed, produced, stored, or mailed. The Department may conduct random examinations of the blanks produced by the vendor.
|MISSION:||To protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, & community efforts.|
|VISION:||To be the Healthiest State in the Nation|
|PURPOSE:||To protect the public and make Florida the healthiest state in the nation through health care licensure, enforcement, and information.|
|FOCUS:||To be the nation's leader in quality health care regulation.|
|VALUES:||I CARE (Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Responsiveness, Excellence)|